Administrative Office Technology
The Administrative Office Technology program is an integrated curriculum, which prepares graduates at the certificate, diploma, and associate degree level. The Administrative Office Technology program prepares students to work in an office environment of people, process, and technologies. Job titles may include Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Office Manager, and Financial Assistant. These personnel use a variety of office technology and computer-based applications (word processing, electronic mail, desktop publishing, graphics, database, and spreadsheet). They support and help facilitate accurate communication and information exchange to internal and external customers on a timely basis. Technical courses combined with general education courses prepare students for today’s workforce and provide a basis for lifelong learning, a necessity for the workforce of the future. Students select an area of specialty from the following tracks: financial assistant, administrative, desktop publishing, or legal. Program graduates are employed in professional office, education, government, businesses, and industries. Graduates may choose to sit for the Certified Professional Secretary Examination or Certified Administrative Professional Examination or Microsoft Office Specialists Certifications.
The Administrative Office Technology department does not accept non-General Education courses older than 5 years from returning or transfer students without consent of the local program coordinator.
- Administrative - Certificate
- Basic Business Presentation - Certificate
- Client Support Specialist - Certificate
- Data Entry Operator - Certificate
- Desktop Publishing - Certificate
- Financial Assistant Clerk - Certificate
- Financial Assistant Trainee - Certificate
- Financial Record Keeper - Certificate
- Integrated Office Skills - Certificate
- Legal Receptionist - Certificate
- Receptionist - Certificate