The KCTCS Culinary Arts program is designed to prepare students for careers in the Culinary Arts, Food and Beverage Management, Restaurant Management, Catering, Institutional Food Service, and as Professional Chefs. Course work covers a broad spectrum: the preparation of basic and specialized foods, catering and special event planning, international cuisine, baking and pastry arts, nutrition, sanitation, management techniques and functions, cost control, purchasing and culinary fundamentals. Students work in commercial kitchen/laboratory and dining room through the course of study. The program uses the teaching philosophy of the American Culinary Federation, the Academy of Chefs, the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation, and the American Personal Chef Association. The program competencies are those of the American Culinary Federation.
Progression in the Culinary Arts program is contingent upon achievement of a grade of “C” or better in each CUL and NFS courses.
- Advanced Catering - Certificate
- Advanced Culinary Arts - Certificate
- Advanced Food and Beverage Management - Certificate
- Baking - Certificate
- Catering - Certificate
- Culinary Arts - Certificate
- Culinary Arts Professional Development - Certificate
- Farm to Table - Certificate
- Food and Beverage Management - Certificate
- Fundamentals of Culinary Arts - Certificate
- Professional Baking and Pastry Arts - Certificate